I dream in another language
A young linquist travels to the jungle of Mexico to research and save a mysterious indigenous language. A language, as he discovers, at the point of disappearing since the last two speakers had a fight fifty years ago and refuse to speak a word with each other. Trying to bring the two old friends back together, he discovers that hidden in the past, in the heart of the jungle, lies a secret concealed by the language that makes it difficult to believe that the heart of Zikril will beat once again.
‘I dream in another language’ was developed with support of the MEDIA Program of the European Union. The project participated at the Sundance Screenwriting Lab, where it was awarded the prestigious Sundance-Mahindra Global Filmmaking Award.
About director Ernesto Contreras:
With his first Feature Film, Parpados Azules (Blue Eyelids), Ernesto Conteras participated at the 46th International Critic’s Week at the 60th Cannes Film Festival, the Official Competition for the 20th Tokyo International Film Festival among others, winning a special Mention at Latin Horizons Section of the San Sebastian Film Festival 2007. Parpados Azules was selected for the World Dramatic Competition at the Sundance Film Festival 2008, where it won a Jury Special Award.
- Sundance Screenwriters Lab
- Binger Filmlab
- Buenos Aires Lab/Puentes
- Jerusalem Film Lab
- Sundance/Mahindra Global Filmmaking Award 2011 (script award)
- Global Film Institute – Honorable Mention Award 2011 (script award)
- Sundance Film Festival 2017 – World Cinema Dramatic Competition ‘Audience Award’
- Ernesto Contreras
- Carlos Contreras
- Luis Albores, Raymond Van Der Kaaij, Dijana Olcay-Hot, Érika Ávila, Eamon O’Farrill
- Executive producer
- Mónica Lozano
- Fernando Álvarez Rebeil, Eligio Meléndez, Manuel Poncelis, Fátima Molina
- Tonatiuh Martínez
- Supported by
- Instituto Mexicano de Cinematografía (IMCINE), Cinema Máquina, Media Programme of the European Community